The XM500 Module is a configurable Input/Output (I/O) module designed to bring analog and digital inputs and output onto the SAE J1939 CAN. The XM500 configuration tool provides a user-friendly interface allowing the user to create or change the configuration used on the XM500 module.
Your application may require monitoring of other information which may not be provided by the OEM engine or transmission electronic control unit (ECU), such as fuel level, hydraulic oil pressure or a low engine coolant level switch. The XM500 is ideally suited to bring the additional information you need onto the J1939 CAN Bus and can be configured to broadcast fault codes and activate digital outputs per input condition such as fuel level low, hydraulic oil temperature high, etc. Because the XM500 broadcasts information using the J1939 standard protocol, the information can be displayed using standard J1939 display modules, such as the PowerView PV101.
- Power Input: 8 to 28VDC
- Communication Ports: CAN J1939
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Digital Inputs: 4 - Ground or battery positive activation
- Digital Outputs*: 2 Sinking (500 mA)
- Product Weight: 10 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces
- Shipping Dimensions: 4” x 6” x 2”
*(Outputs are NOT reverse polarity protected. Damage will occur if B+ is connected to the outputs. Damage incurred from improper installation is not covered under the Murphy limited warranty policy.)
- Thermocouple Input1: Type K and Type J
- Analog Inputs2:
- 1 - Battery Supply Voltage (dedicated)
- 7 - Configurable as 0-5VDC, 4-20mA, resistive senders3 or used as an additional digital input
- Speed Sensing Input: Magnetic pickup (2 to 120VAC RMS from 30 to 10,000 Hz)
1When the thermocouple input is used, only 5 resistive, 4-20 mA, or 0-5 VDC can be used instead of 7.
2Analog inputs can be exchanged for digital inputs (battery ground activation only) for a total of 11 digital inputs.
3Other resistive senders can be supported. Contact Murphy’s Industrial Panel Division for programming charges.