- uControl supports Structured Text programming
- Up to five tasks can run concurrently.
- 10mSec task loop cycle times or greater
Hardware Descriptor Interface
When importing the Hardware Descriptor File for the uControl model of your choice a set of Global Variables and Configuration Settings will become available in the Device Tree of the project. These will be organized into System Config, Input, Output, and Faults folders.
- Follow along with the uControl Technical Reference Manual to help explain configuration options.
- On analog inputs be mindful of which pull up or pull down resistors are used.
- Set Override resistors to TRUE if you need to make any resistor selection changes.
I/O Mapping - Reading/Writing to/from the I/O
- The I/O Mapping tab will provide a list of all the Global Variables available to read or write to.
- Not all variables are needed or used
- Which variables are used depends on the configuration settings
- Each variable has a data type that must be observed
- The names of the variables are usually descriptive enough to explain its function
- See I/O Example projects for specifics on each type of Input or Output