The Closed Loop Feedback control block or PID Loop is designed to provide closed loop control of any input parameter. This logic block is easy to use and setup.
- Input - The input will be any parameter you wish to control, it can be connected directly to a analog input or a variable. The units must be in percent (%).
- Feedback - The feedback will be a real world measurement of the parameter like speed, pressure, or temperature. The units for Feedback will be in the parameters engineering units, mph, psi, degrees F, etc...
- Input Transfer Function - The input will be in units of percent (%) while its output will inherit the units of the feedback parameter. The transfer function can be edited to scale the values as needed.
- Output - The output of the control block will be scaled 0 - 100% to connect directly to a output block.
- The PID loop is tuned in the same manner as all standard PID control loops. Use the Connect option to connect ACE directly to the MCx controller to tune the loop in real time on the equipment.