In this tutorial we will demonstrate how to create a custom keyboard using the touch screen functionality embedded in the keyboard application.
The major steps are as follows.
- Import the graphic representation of the keyboard into the Library.
- Create a new custom keyboard in the keyboard app using the new graphic.
- Using the keyboard application map the touch action desired for each "key" on the keyboard graphic.
- Insert a keyboard widget on the page designer screen then select the newly created keyboard in its properties list.
- Create a new String variable in the programming tab and map the output of the keyboard widget to it.
- Add a String Widget on the Page Designer and assign its "Override" property to the keyboard string.
Download the example configuration and follow along. You will need Powervision version 4.774 which is available on SPARK.