This tutorial is designed to demonstrate the various debugging tools available in PowerVision Configuration Studio® with working examples of how to use them. Several of the more common programming mistakes are shown in the exercises.
The tutorial is contained within the configuration linked below with problems to solve to help demonstrate how to use the debug tools to solve problems. On-screen instructions are given so just load the config on a PV780 display and follow the prompts as you work through the exercises.
- Finding Variables using search tool
- Change Variable Values live using the Remote Window
- Use the Debug Console to send a message from a script
- Use the Search Configuration tool to search by object type
- Change a variable live using the Remote Diagnostics Console
- Find hidden widgets in Page Designer
- Fix variables that go invalid
- Fix State Machine stuck in a loop
- Calling a State Transition when it should be a Conditional Transition