|Build date:||2nd October 2003|
|Release date:||3rd October 2003|
See document mi6131 for details.
|Special download instructions:||None. (Click link below, then select 'save to disk' and a
file location of your choice.)
|Special install instructions:||If an earlier version of AS7CN is already installed, see below.|
|AS731 compatibility issues:||
1) Software AS7CN V2.2.0 will communicate with all firmware versions of the AS731 and AS732, except AS732 V2.0.
- AS7CN software installation & operating instructions (PDF, 808 Kb)
- AS731 / AS732 installation: programme options checklist (PDF, 264Kb)
- AS731 general information and links
- AS732 general information and links
Special Install Instructions for users with existing installed versions V1.02 or earlier
The following advice is aimed at AS731 users who have PC software model AS7CN versions 1.00 to 1.02 installed on their PC (check the software version by selecting the Help | About drop-down menu), and who have used the software to store AS731 configuration 'profiles' (*.731 files) on disk.
Particular attention is drawn to a compatibility problem with AS731 program profiles (or *.731 files) that have been created and stored on disk using software version V1.02 or earlier.
For a standard V1.00 to V1.06 software installation, these .731 files are stored inC:\Program Files\Murphy\As731\Profiles\ (note on software V2.00 that .731 or .732 files are stored in C:\Program Files\Murphy\AS7CN\Profiles\). Because of new feature enhancements introduced for AS731 firmware V1.02 and PC software V1.03, program profiles created and stored on the PC using software V1.00 to V1.02 cannot be read by software V1.03 or later. If this is attempted, a ‘run time error’ message is displayed, and the program will terminate on clicking “OK”.
If you have existing profiles stored on disk that need to be used in future, it is therefore important to check the software version before uninstalling the old version:
If the existing software is V1.03 to V1.06 and program profiles on disk can be opened OK, there is no compatibility problem. Uninstall the old software as follows:
- Click on START | settings | Control Panel
- Doubleclick on Add/remove programs
- Select AS731 monitor and program software, then click "add/remove"
- Follow the InstallShield Wizard, selecting the "remove" option. If warnings are given about removing shared components, it is usually safe (if the new software is to be reinstalled later) to click "don't display this message again" and "yes".
After uninstalling the old software, install V2.00 as normal. Note: any profiles created in V1.03 to V1.06 will remain on disk and will be readable by V2.00 (but note in V2.00 the changed default directory for profiles, as detailed above - it may be preferable to manually move the files to the new default directory,
If your existing software is V1.02 or earlier, any that stored profiles will not be readable by V1.04 or higher. You can:
- Run the old software, open each profile in turn and make a printout.
- Close the software, then uninstall it (as detailed above)
- Using Windows Explorer, manually remove the old profiles by deleting all files in directory C:\Murphy\AS731\profiles. (The InstallShield® wizard will not remove custom profiles automatically, because they weren’t installed with the software).
- Install and run the new (V2.00) PC software, then (in program mode) manually re-enter the profiles and save to disk.
Alternatively, software AS7CN V2.00 is able to read profiles from all AS731 units, even if the profiles were originally created using software V1.02 earlier. If only one old profile on disk needs to be saved, the above problems can be circumvented as follows:
- download the profile from the old software to an AS731
- uninstall the old software as detailed above
- install the latest software
- connect the AS731 and run the new software
- upload the profile from AS731 to software, then save the profile to disk.