These versions of the fan system controllers have been designed to interface with an e-Fan cooling systems and outputs a protected low level PWM signal that is scaled via the configurable settings, to represent the 0 to 100% fan speed demand.
These Controllers use the vehicle SAE J1939 temperature information to determine fan speed requirements and utilizes an easy to use PC based Graphical User Interface ( GUI ) to allow complete user configuration of the controller and system operation, including fan speed limiting, the reverse / purge / de-ice feature, data logging and system health monitoring.
Both units have an alarm output that can be used to interface with external systems, alerting the vehicle operator to a cooling issue that needs attention.
The controllers have an extended supply voltage and operating temperature range and are fully protected by flame resistant resin to ensure reliable operation under extreme environmental conditions.
All electrical connections are made through the industry standard IP67 12 way male Deutsch connector, with a 3 way SAE J1939 connector for vehicle interface and set-up via a 4 way female WeatherPack connector ( not shown for clarity ).
EMC-1P & EMC-1PL PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Pre-written Windows™ software application, ready for user values
- Optimizes fan speed control relative to temperature requirements
- Engines or systems with SAE J1939 capability
- Bi-Directional fan feature allows radiator 'purge' or 'De-Ice'
- 3 x temperature zone inputs direct from SAE J1939 data bus
- 1 x additional discrete inputs temperature sensor
- 1 x 0-100% PWM output for interface with 'smart' e-Fans
- 2 x ON/OFF outputs for fan reverse indicator and external alarm
- 1x Manual fan reverse sequence trigger
- 1x 'Heat Event' detection system interface input
- 1x Ignition switch position I/P for safety lockout
- 2x fan diagnostic inputs ( fan health indication )
- SAE J1455 ( load dump) compliant power protection
- System 'error' indicator LED with blink code
|Electric Fan System Controller for Off-Road Mobile Equipment||Closed loop fan controller with reversing (purge) and SAE J1939 CAN messages|
|Coolant "Wet" temperature sensor
Air "Dry" temperature sensor -#2 optional fire switch
|3||On/Off switches - Ignition, Reverse, and Fire|
|2||Fan diagnostics for system control|
CAN bus, SAE J1939
|Pre-defined messages for charge air, transmission oil and water temperature|
|0 to 100% PWM (sinking for emc-1PL, sinking for emc-1P, 250mA Max, short circuit protection)|
|Digital Outputs||2||On/Off Reverse and Alarm up to 3 Amps (Max)|
|Reverse cycle (purge) feature||Yes||Lo to Hi logic input with software de-bounce|
|Mating Connector Kit||P/N: 999-10155||Deutsch DTF15-12PB|
Graphical User Interface (GUI)
|P/N: 023-00264||Set-up & Diagnostic Software - Free Download|
|P/N: CD-EMC-1P||Set-up & Diagnostic Software - CD Only|
|emc-1P, -PL Programming Cable||P/N: 999-10075||2 Meters long with RS232 connection|
|Physical||94L x 94W x 13H mm||3 x # 8 Mounting screws|
|NEMA/IP Rating||6P/IP67||Solid Potted - derated for connector as required|
|Temperature ºC||-40 to +85 Deg. C||Operating|
|Voltage||9 to 32 VDC||Reverse polarity protection and transient protection|
|Certifications||CE||Declaration of conformity|