A discontinued range of Computronic Controls battery chargers, based on switch mode power supply technology for a lightweight design with high power efficiency and low heat dissipation.
Standard SM82 models included a manually controlled boost mode, selected or deselected via two terminals (e.g. using an operator-controlled panel switch); model SM82A included a circuit board link to optionally select an "Auto 3 stage" operation (i.e. automatic, operator-free boost control).
- Fully automatic output: 3A max @ 24VDC, or 5 Amps max @ 12VDC
- Suitable for wet Lead Acid, NiCd, VRLA or Plante cells
- Float or boost operation, selected by remote contacts
- 230 or 110VAC power supply, selected by circuit board link
- Charge fail relay output
- Open circuit board or protective cover versions
SM82(A) chargers have been superseded by latest Sentinel range.
SM82 (base open-PCB model):
SM82A (with Auto 3-stage operation):
SM82-PC (as SM82 plus protective cover):
- Sales Bulletin (sm82-pc; rev 07/2003)
ESM82 (enclosed model):
- Sales Bulletin (esm82; rev 07/2003)