For more information about this product, you can download the related literature here:
VS94 Series is an electro-mechanical device designed to protect equipment from damaging shock or vibration. This sensitive mechanism can detect excessive shock or vibration and shut down the equipment before further damage occurs. A set of contacts is held in a latched position through a magnetic latch mechanism. As the level of shock or vibration increases, an inertia mass exerts force against the latch arm and forces it away from the magnetic latch causing the latch arm to separate and to operate the contacts. Sensitivity is obtained by adjusting the amount of air gap between the magnet and latch arm plate.
The VS94 Series is housed in a NEMA 4/4X glass-filled polyester enclosure and has a base mount. It is for applications in non-hazardous locations.
VS94 models are rated up to 480 VAC. (See How to Order for models and options available.)
Applications for the VS94 include all stationary types of machinery or equipment where excessive shock/vibration can be damaging or poses a threat to normal operations in:
- Cooling fans
- Pump jacks
- Rotating and Reciprocating Machinery
This option of the VS94 includes a built-in electric solenoid which allows reset of tripped unit from a remote location. Available for 115 VAC or 24 VDC.
Overrides trip operation on start-up. The time delay option is field-adjustable from 5 seconds up to 100 seconds with an easy-to-adjust 20-turn potentiometer. Available for 115 VAC or 24 VDC.
This optional circuit prevents moisture condensation inside the VS94 housing.
- Case: Polyester fiberglass reinforced; NEMA type 4X; IP66; CSA types 4 and 12.
- Conduit Fitting: 3/4 NPT conduit fitting connection.
- Normal Operating Ambient Temperature: 0 to 140°F (-18 to 60°C).
- Snap-switches: 2-SPDT snap acting switches; 5A @ 480 VAC; 2A resistive, 1A inductive, up to 30 VDC.
- Range adjustment: 0 - 7 G’s; 0 - 100 Hz /0.100 in. displacement.
- Space Heater (optional): H15 (.023 A @ 115 VAC); H24 (.12 A @ 24 VDC)
- Remote Reset (optional): R15 (.17 A @ 115 VAC); R24 (.36 A @ 24 VDC)
- Time Delay (optional): T15 (.360 A @ 115 VAC, .01 A @ 115 VAC); T24 (1.15 A @ 24 VDC, .01 A @ 24 VDC)
- Time Delay/Remote Reset: Adjustable 20-turn potentiometer from 5 seconds to 6-1/2 minutes (15 seconds per turn approximately).
- Shipping Weight: 4.35 lb. ( 2 kg.)
- Shipping Dimensions: 9 x 8 x 4-11/16 in. (229 x 203 x 119 mm)