The LM300 Series Level Maintainer automatically adds oil to the crankcase as needed to keep the lube level normal. Most models have built-in switches that will alarm and/or shut down the equipment if the makeup supply is depleted and engine oil level falls or if overfill conditions exist. The LM300 can be used in engines, compressors, pumps, and coolers.
The LM300 Series EX models (explosion-proof) are CSA certified for Class I, Division 1 Hazardous areas.
- Case/Cover: Die cast aluminum
- Switch Housing: Aluminum
- Approval Rating: All CSA Certified with switch contacts rated at 10 A at 250 VAC (standard)
- LM301 through LM305: CSA certified for non-hazardous locations. Enclosure Type 4 certified
- LM301-EX through LM305-EX: CSA certified for Class I, Groups C and D; Class II, Groups F and G hazardous locations. Enclosure Type 4 certified.
- Float: Rigid polyurethane foam; Polyurethane coated
- Max. Ambient Temperature: 250° F (121° C)
- Oil Inlet Connection: Top entry 1/2-14 NPT with built-in filter screen (removable for cleaning)
- Inlet Orifices: 1/4 in. (6 mm) standard; 1/8 in. (3 mm) available
- Wire (switch models): 18 AWG x 13 in. (1.0 mm2 x 330 mm) Max. Inlet Pressure (MIP):
- 30 psi (207 kPa) [2.07 bar] with 1/8 in. (3 mm) orifice
- 15 ft oil (4.6 m oil) with 1/4 in. (6 mm) orifice
- Max. Differential: 2 in. (51 mm) between running and stationary oil level
- Max. Case Pressure (MCP): 15 psi (103 kPa) [1.03 bar] Orifice Seal: Buna-N Thumb-Valve Switch Contact: Silver, SPDT snap-acting, rated at 10 A @ 125, 250 VAC; 10 A @ 30 VDC (1 only for low level; 2 only for high and low; or 2 only for low level with alarm before shutdown)
- Outlet Connection: 3/4-14 NPT left side, right side and bottom
- Crankcase Balance Vent Fitting: 1/2-14 NPT
- Mounting: Accepts Murphy pipe or universal mounting brackets
- Lens: Clear Frog Eye non-staining, high-impact, high-temperature nylon; UV and heat stabilized
- Glass Lens: Available on LM301 and LM301-EX models. Specify GL as part of model number when ordering
- Dial: High visibility white background with green and white index lines for normal level indication
- Test Knob: Rotate to test switch operation. Turn clockwise for low level test and turn counterclockwise for high level test.
For more information about this product, you can download the related literature here: