The EGS21 Series Swichgage instrument has all of the features of the EG21 Series Gage plus an adjustable set point Power Hall Effect switch output for operating alarms or equipment shutdown. The trip point is adjustable over 90 percent of the scale and has a set point indicator visible from the gage face. Now you can have both the ease of electric gage installation and the reliable switching of Murphy’s famous Swichgage instrument.
- Power Input: For Gage, Swichgage instrument and sender, 12 VDC or 24 VDC
- NOTE: EG21 Series gage and EGS21 Series Swichgage instrument MOVEMENT and ILLUMINATION require 12 VDC to function. For 24-volt systems, voltage converters are built into the electrical wire/connector assembly and supplied with the instrument. Specify voltage when ordering.
- Case: Polyester (PBT), impact and weather resistant with convenient screw-on mounting clamp
- Bezel: Polished 316 stainless steel bezel is supplied as standard; Available in black. SAE style optional.
- Lens: Clear polycarbonate and UV stabilized
- Air Core Movement: Silicon dampened pointer
- Dial: Black background and white markings; behind dial lighting (white marking becomes red when illuminated); dual scale with mirror band to reduce parallax reading errors
- Swichgage Instrument Sensor: Outputs ground signal (sinking output) rated 300 mA continuous (EGS21 Series only). Pressure, fuel, volts set on decreasing scale. Temperature and amps set on increasing scale.
- Output saturation voltage (voltage drop across switch): 1.3-2.3 Volts @ 77°F (25°C) (May require some conditioning to work with logic inputs)
- Swichgage Instrument Set Point Indicator: Visible on mirror band (scale); adjustable from the back of the unit (1/16 in. hex type wrench)
- Wiring: Plug connector with wire leads, 18 AWG (1.0 mm2) x 8 in. (203 mm) length
- Operating Temperature: -40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
- Storage Temperature: -77° to 185°F (-60° to 85°C)
- Over Voltage (Gage Movement): Withstands a voltage of 200% of nominal system voltage for 5 minutes. (Meets SAE J1810 standards)
- Reversed Polarity (Gage Movement): Withstands reversed battery terminal polarity indefinitely within operating temperatures
- Environment and Test: Meets SAE J1810 standards