When you are ready to test your PowerVision code on a display follow these steps to create the installation files then load the files on a display. These instructions apply to Versions 2.9 and later however previous versions will be similar.
Create Configuration Installation Files
- In PowerVision select the Firmware Tool Button.
- Select "Create Application Install Package" the first time downloading to update the OS on the display to the same version of PowerVision you are using. You can up-rev or down-rev.
- Select "Create Configuration Install Package" for faster downloads once OS version matches.
- The file will not create if there are errors shown in the console window. Double click on any errors listed in the console to take you to the item and correct the issue.
- Save file to a USB Flash drive using "Save As" or load file directly to the display using "Load All".
- File extension will be .gcibin, .pv1, or .pv2 depending on the display hardware.
- Do not use spaces or special characters when naming the file.
- Once the file is created Learn How to Program the Display.