The Digital Video Player widget allows you to play mp4 encoded video files that can be used as a simple way to create complex animated splash screens or to convey user information in a video format. The applications are only limited by your imagination. This example demonstrates how to play a video file with no audio.
This widget is only available on displays with the M2 and newer processor platforms which includes the PV780B, PV1100, PV1200, PV700 and PV500. You must use Powervision 4.717 or newer to utilize this feature.
Video File Restrictions
In order for the widget to be able to play the video file it must be formatted as follows:
- MP4 encoding per H.264
- Frame Rate: 24fps
- Resolution: 768 x 432 Landscape or 432 x 768 Portrait mode.
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 480p
- Audio Sample Rate: 44Khz (Audio not used in this example)
- Maximum File Size:
Using the Widget
- Add the mp4 file to the Customer Extension in the Library as a "File" type.
- Select Video Playback as the Media App source using the action SelectMediaSource
- Using a script load the path to the file into the DigitalVideoURL string. The path will always be /fs/etfs/config/config0/CustomerExtensions/ + the file name including the mp4 extension.
- Call the digital video action LoadURL to load the file and automatically start playing it.
- To replay the same file a blank URL must first be loaded then the desired file loaded again.