Enovation Controls offers a variety of highly reliable thermocouple and RTD (Resistance Temperature Detector) assemblies and 4-20 mA DC output RTD transmitters.
Their innovative features include a 304 stainless steel thermowell that provides protection to the spring-loaded element.
The cast aluminum connecting head meets NEMA 4 requirements and includes an RTD transmitter or a thermocouple/ RTD terminal block mounted on ceramic Steatite and rated NEC Class 2.
The complete assemblies are offered in 2-1/2, 4-1/2 or 7-1/2 in. (63, 114 or 191 mm) thermowell insertion lengths.
The supply voltage for RTDT must be within 13-40 VDC. The graph on the diagrams tab shows the minimum supply voltage (VDC) required for a given load resistance (RL).
Thermocouple Assemblies with Thermowell
Available in types J or K, the thermocouple assemblies have ungrounded elements in a 304 stainless steel spring-loaded sheath. For product compatibility see next page (replacement parts and thermocouple extension wire are available).
RTD Assemblies with Thermowell
Resistance temperature detector (RTD) assemblies are available with a 100 ohm platinum element, 3-wire leads and spring-loaded 316L stainless steel element sheath.
RTD Transmitter Assemblies with Thermowell
RTDT assemblies transmit process variable temperatures. Available as part of the temperature sensor assemblies or as separate units, the RTDTs accept 2- or 3-wire, 100 ohm RTDs. The RTD transmitters are loop powered. They feature linearized 4-20 mA DC outputs and have reversed polarity protection.
Thermowell: 304 SS; 7000 psi (48.2 MPa) [482 bar] max. @ 70°F
- Connecting Head: Cast Aluminum; 400°F (204°C) max. operating temp
- Thermocouple: Ungrounded, Magnesium Oxide (MgO) insulated 96% purity; element sheath of 304 SS (stainless steel)
- Type J operating temp.: 900°F (482°C) max
- Type K operating temp.: 1800°F (982°C) max
- RTD: 100 ohm @ 0°C Platinum element; 3-wire; 400 °F maximum; 0.00385 temperature coefficient; 316L stainless steel element sheath
- RTD Transmitter: 100 ohms Platinum RTD; 400°F maximum; Ranges: 0° to 400°F and -60° to 140°F. Linearized 4-20 mA DC output. Loop powered typically 24 VDC, when using the Loop Resistance Graph, 13-40 VDC. For use with 100 ohms Platinum RTD elements, 0.00385 temp. coefficient
- Thermocouple Accuracy (J/K): 0.5%
- RTD Accuracy: ±0.12%
- RTD Transmitter Accuracy: ±0.1%
- Terminal block: Ceramic Steatite; thermocouples have: 4 terminals; RTDs: 6 terminals. 28 to 14 AWG wire size, (8-32 SS screws)
- Shipping Weights (listed by insertion length):
- 2-1/2 in. (63 mm) model: 2 lb. (0.907 kg)
- 4-1/2 in. (114 mm) model: 2 lb. 8oz. (1.24 kg)
- 7-1/2 in. (191 mm) model: 3 lb. 6oz. (1.67 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions (listed by insertion length):
- 2-1/2 and 4-1/2 in (63 and 114 mm) models: 12 x 7 x 5-1/2 in. (305 x 178 x 140 mm)
- 7-1/2 in. (191 mm) models: 16 x 11 x 5-1/2 in. (406 x 280 x 144 mm)
- Optional Thermocouple Extension Wire: (Sold separately)
- Individual Conductor Insulation: Extruded PFA
- Duplex Conductor Insulation: Twisted; Extruded PFA Overall
- Temperature Rating: Continuous -450° to 500°F (-267° to 260°C)
- Abrasion Resistance: Good
- Moisture Resistance: Excellent
- Shielding: Metallic Shield
- Gage: 20 AWG (0.5 mm2)
- Ohms per Double Foot Type J: 0.357
- Ohms per Double Foot Type K: 0.586