Available mag pickup models:
A magnetic pickup is an AC generator. It is normally installed into the flywheel housing of an internal combustion engine so that the starter ring gear acts upon it to generate a voltage pulse each time a gear tooth passes the end of the sensor.
|Pickup Model||Part Number||Total Length||Threaded Length||Thread Size|
|MP3298||20700162||3 in. (76 mm)||3 in. (76 mm)||5/8-18 UNF|
|MP7906||20700161||3 in. (76 mm)||3 in. (76 mm)||3/4-16 UNF|
|MP7905||20700160||4-1/2 in. (114 mm)||4-1/2 in. (114 mm)||3/4-16 UNF|
- MP3298: Type 300 Stainless Steel.
- Locknut: Type 300 Stainless Steel.
- MP7905 and MP7906: Type 6061 Aluminum/Anodize Class 1.
- Locknut: Steel Nickel Plated.
- Output Leads (all models): Two insulated leads, 20AWG, STR/TEF insulated per MIL-W-16878D Type E, 1 White and 1 Black.
- Output Voltage (all models): 200 V.P.P. TYP. (tested at 1000 I.P.S. 20 Pitch gear, 0.005 Gap., and 100K OHM Load).
- Coil Resistance:
- MP3298: 975 Ohms TYP.
- MP7905 and MP7906: 2500 Ohms TYP.
- Potting (all models): Internal portion of pickup is filled with epoxy resin, making the magnetic pickup oil and moist resistant.
- Temperature (all models): -65° to +225°F (-54 ° to 107°C).
- Coil Induct.:
MP3298: 800 mH max, @ 1K Hz.
MP3298: 400 mH TYP. @ 1K Hz.
For more information about this product, you can download the related literature here: